Sunday, April 4, 2010

Challenge of the Month - Kofta Noor Jahani

I decided i will be the host for the first month... Just to get all the pieces in the blog together before you people try it out.
---------------

I see that lot of Indians love Malai Kofta... Though i am not a big fan of it, i am fond of a particular kind of kofta curry with a cashew nut base.

There was an awesome place in Hyderabad called Ginger. They had a dish called Kofta Bahar. It was a combination of two kofta curries - one Green curry which was a little sweet and sour and the other Koftas in a cashew Gravy.

I could not find anything to fit the Green kofta curry, but i did find this cashew nut based curry in Sanjeev Kapoor's website. Yeah i grew up watching his cooking series - Khana Khazana

http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=1565&Header=Searched Recipe&MenuId=0

I know its rich, buts its okay to indulge once in a while :)

Let me know if you have any suggestions :)

8 comments:

  1. Good choice...Let's try this out and share the experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... I might try it out next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this recipe calls for no tomatoes - at all! Its going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont believe in boiling the onions, i am going to fry them and then mke a paste.. same for ginger garlic ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madhu, Thanks for adding me on. Yep, the 'boilin o onions' and 'absence o tomatoes' were unusual. And heavy cream is synonymous to fresh cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use heavy whipping cream, normal whipping cream and half and half interchangably... sometimes i use sour cream too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this out today :) Reserving all my comments until your post with pics, Madhu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Anu... Sabitha has also tried.. I will be making it next weekend... This week i baking some cute stuff :)

    ReplyDelete