Monday, May 31, 2010

June special - Beetroot Vadai

I am Madhavi. My husband and I love to eat and hence to cook. I recently discovered India has so many amazing cuisines to offer beyond Tamil Nadu (at home) and Punjab (at restaurants in the US). So we started our journey of cooking different cuisines from India. We have covered Kashmir, Punjab and Rajasthan so far. But my favourite would still be close to home - and that is Chettinad food. Chettinad is famous for its art and architecture,huge mansions and also its food - especially non-vegetarian food. In the recent days, we have seen many Chettinad restaurants that gained popularity like Karaikudi, Anjappar, Ponnuswamy etc. I always end up at Solai's blog if I am looking for a Chettinad recipe. She has one of the best collection of recipes for Chettinad food. My all time favourites are Chettinad pepper chicken, Kuli paniyaram, Kandarappam etc. You should try it out too. Many recipes are simple to make after a long work day, healthy and tasty - for example, Kosamalli, Pachadi, Kootu etc.

For this month, lets try one of the well-kept secrets of the tastiest way to eat beetroot - Beetroot Vadai. You can find the recipe at
http://solaiachiskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/05/beetroot-vadai.html

-- Madhavi

1 comment:

  1. Just read the recipe ... sounds great ... this time i can eat this ...

    ReplyDelete